Jonathan Bailey was spotted at the opening night for Cynthia Erivo's 'Dracula' in London's West End, and fans can't stop talking about it.

Jonathan Bailey was seen leaving the Noël Coward Theatre in London’s West End after the opening night of Cynthia Erivo’s “Dracula,” and fans can’t stop talking about it.
Social media lit up after clips of Bailey were published online, with many praising the actor for showing up in support. Some fans even described the pair’s bond as family-like.
Bailey and Erivo starred together in Jon M. Chu's “Wicked” films, and their off-screen friendship has only grown stronger since.
The one-woman event will run at the Noël Coward Theatre through May, with Erivo taking on all 23 roles.
Jonathan Bailey Spotted At Cynthia Erivo’s ‘Dracula’ Opening

Bailey was captured in multiple fan-shot videos as he exited the theater on Tuesday evening.
Fans could not contain their excitement after a number of these clips were shared on social media. Many comments showed appreciation for Bailey’s show of support on Erivo’s big night.
On X, one user pointed out that backing each other’s projects had seemingly become a pattern among the cast of “Wicked.”
“The ‘Wicked’ co-stars supporting each other's projects pipeline is undefeated,” the user wrote. “This is what happens when people actually like working together instead of just pretending for the press tour.”
A more succinct repost summed up the mood in just one word: “Family.”
Cynthia Erivo And ‘Dracula’ Receive Mixed Reviews So Far
In Erivo’s unique one-person stage adaptation of “Dracula,” she portrays all characters from Bram Stoker’s classic horror novel. She manages this by using rapid costume changes and multiple accents.
The production also blends live performance with pre-recorded footage and live video capture to create a hybrid theater experience.
Following opening night, the show has drawn mixed reactions from critics. Some praised the technical ambition, with Dominic Cavendish of The Telegraph comparing the visual execution to magic.
“This hip, radical version plays to [Erivo’s] strengths on camera and on stage, using head-turning live-capture wizardry,” he wrote.
Other critics, however, suggested the heavy multimedia focus sometimes came at the expense of an emotional connection.
“It shows off what technology can do, but the action itself is overwhelmingly static,” The Guardian wrote in its review.
Erivo Previously Endorsed Bailey’s ‘Sexiest Man Alive’ Title
View this post on Instagram
Before Bailey turned up for her this week, Erivo had previously demonstrated her own support for her "Wicked" co-star.
After Bailey was crowned People magazine’s "Sexiest Man Alive" in 2025, Erivo was one of his biggest cheerleaders on social media.
When the announcement was shared on Instagram, the “Harriet” star responded with a rather enthusiastic comment.
“YEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!! Now the world knows what I’ve known all along. I LOVE YOU! CONGRATULATIONS!!!” Erivo wrote, accompanied by multiple love-heart emojis.
During a red-carpet interview with Access Hollywood, the actress was asked whether she believed that the title was deserved.
“Yes, he definitely is [the Sexiest Man Alive],” Erivo said. “I know that for sure, yes.”
Jonathan Bailey On Working With Erivo
In “Wicked,” Bailey shared both dialogue and musical scenes with Erivo.
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the “Bridgerton” star described the experience as a privilege.
“Obviously, singing with Cynthia is always once in a lifetime,” Bailey said. “Well, lucky for me, it might not be.”
Remarkably, the actor had less than a week to prepare for the role. Despite the short turnaround, he credited the production team’s expertise for helping him rise to the challenge.
“It’s crazy to think I had four days of rehearsal when everyone else had a few months, but it’s amazing what you can do when you have experts around you,” Bailey explained.
Jonathan Bailey To Resume Acting In 2026
In September 2025, Bailey caused an internet meltdown after comments from an interview were widely interpreted as signaling his retirement from acting.
At just 37, the suggestion that he might end his career for good left many fans insisting it was too soon for him to call it quits.
Bailey, however, later clarified that he was not retiring. Instead, he said he was only taking a short break to focus on the Shameless Fund, an organization he founded to support LGBTQ+ initiatives.
By November, the Emmy-nominated star had put any lingering fears to rest, confirming that he would be returning to the screen or stage sometime in 2026.
'Arrow' Star David Ramsey Breaks Silence On Hidden Cancer Battle He Fought For Years
Dolores Catania Blasts Rob Rausch For Turning On 'Housewives' On 'The Traitors'
Friend Shares Heartbreaking Glimpse Into Catherine O’Hara’s Memorial Service
Al Pacino Seen For First Time Since Death Of Co-Star Robert Duvall
Sharon Stone Calls Out Modern Culture In Heated Nude Body Debate